Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Sunday, February 05, 2006 at 05:32:08 :
The Marin Journal
Thursday, Feb. 17, 1916
Dr. C. F. Parks Electrocuted at Corte Madera
An hour after Dr. Chester F. Parks of Corte Madera left his wife to step into his garage in the rear of his home late Tuesday night, Mrs. Parks, getting no response to her call, went out and found her husband lying on the floor, dead.
Investigation disclosed that he had been electrocuted by the shortcircuiting of a dropwire electric bulb. The bulb was found tightly clutched in the deceased's hand, under his body, which was lying face downward. The insulation had been broken off the hard rubber key, used to switch the current on and off. The hand was badly burned, as was also a large spot on the abdomen.
Dr. Parks was an optometrist, practicing in San Francisco. He had been a resident of Corte Madera for 13 years, a respected citizen of the town, and his friends were sadly shocked at the news of the terrible accident.
He was 34 years old, leaves a widow, Mrs. Lillian Parks, and two small children, a boy and a girl.
The remains were taken charge of by Coroner F. E. Sawyer, who will hold the inquest to determine the exact cause of death.
Post a Followup
powered by SpudBoard