Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Thursday, July 02, 2015 at 06:58:36 :
The Marin Journal
Thursday, September 1, 1910
Death Caused by Green Apples and Grapes
Frank Frates, the 3 year old son of Frank and Mary Frates, of San Anselmo, died on the 28th of the month, as a result of eating green apples and grapes. The parents of the little boy live adjoining a vineyard and apple orchard and were careful to keep the gates closed so the little one could not get to the fruit, but some days ago someone left the gate open and the boy got in and ate so much of the green fruit as to make him sick. A doctor was called but nothing could be done to save the child. The funeral took place on Tuesday, interment at Mt. Olivet Cemetery.
powered by SpudBoard