Posted by Aviva Ernst on Thursday, October 20, 2005 at 02:26:59 :
In Reply to: San Francisco Favorite Spot posted by Ron Filion on Friday, October 14, 2005 at 16:32:00 :
One favorite spot - does not exist. But will tell you my top ten if I can narrow it down to 10.
10) Playland at the Beach - the rides, the lady, the games - like the time we were so broke we had to walk there - put 25 cents on the toss and ball and won a bag of groceries.
9) North Beach - anywhere in the 60's - the Iron Pot, City Lights Book Store, Broadway, the jazz hot spots and after hours joints.
8) Marina beach type area down from where Safeways is (or was the last time I was there)
7) The grassy area and lake in front of the Palace of Fine Arts.
6) Being on a cable car - no mater where it is
5) My Apartment(a bar) where there were peanuts on the bar and sawdust on the floor
4) An apartment I lived in on Seal Rock Drive - where I had a view of the water and was only 2 blocks away from the Cliff House.
3) The Zoo and the swimming pool where I learned out to swim.
2) Blums which used to be in the Palace hotel and the best butterscotch sundaes I ever had.
Now that you have heard more than you want
1) I guess my favorite place is rock on top of Twin Peaks in back of the older part of Duncan street before all the new houses were built. My grandma and I used to walk up there and sit and view almost the entire city. I loved the early morning fog there and how mysterious it seemed to me when you could see only a few feet in front of you.
Post a Followup
powered by SpudBoard