BRANT

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Marin County Obits Board]

Posted by Cathy Gowdy on Monday, February 27, 2006 at 13:28:49 :

Marin Independent Journal
Friday, December 24, 1999
B2

MERTON BRANT
San Rafael resident

Merton E. “Mac” Brant, a San Rafael resident, died Dec. 18 at Kaiser hospital following a short illness. He was 97.

Mr. Brant was born in Cranston, R.I., and attended schools in Rumford, R.I. and Attleboro, Mass. He moved to San Rafael in 1966, and was a resident at Martinelli House on Lincoln Ave. His family said he was a well-known character on 4th Street and a daily patron at San Rafael Joe’s. Wearing his baseball cap with a cigar in his mouth, he would say “Every day I’ve been in California has been a vacation.”

He was a merchant seaman in the early 1920s and later worked in the jewelry manufacturing business at William & Anderson’s in Providence and most recently at Van Wormer & Rodrigues in San Francisco.

He is survived by his son Kenneth of San Rafael; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; six nieces and one nephew.

Friends and relatives are invited to a memorial Mass on Tuesday, Dec. 28 at 6 p.m. at St. Leo’s Catholic Church in Boyes Hot Springs on Agua Caliente Road between Highway 12 and Arnold Drive. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Vincent de Paul in San Rafael.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
copyright © 2006 Pamela Storm and Ron Filion. All rights reserved.