Posted by John Martini on Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 19:27:03 :
In Reply to: Re: 2 Clement Streetcar posted by Ron Filion on Sunday, January 22, 2006 at 08:54:50 :
Another reason for the abandonment of the two streetcars lines along Clement was that the depot for both lines was at Sutro Baths, and that station was destroyed by a fire in 1949.
Following the fire MUNI abandoned streetcar service to Sutro's. Not long afterwards, both lines were converted to bus operations.
Post a Followup
powered by SpudBoard