Posted by Ron Filion on Monday, May 29, 2006 at 16:58:02 :
In Reply to: moving house posted by johnellis on Monday, May 29, 2006 at 13:16:05 :
: so what's the going rate to move a house how do you charge for something like this.
I presume you meant moving the entire structure? I would guess you would need:
(1) A company willing to do it.
(2) Hydraulic jacks to raise the foundation (after everything is disconnected).
(3) A flatbed truck big enough to move it.
(4) A crane perhaps to lift it onto the flatbed (assuming the house is made of wood).
(5) City permits to haul it through the streets.
(6) The appropriate people to disconnect any electrical lines that are in the way.
Not sure how this is a historical question. But, it would be interesting to know when the LAST TIME a house in the City was actually moved!
Post a Followup
powered by SpudBoard